How lucky I am! The lovely Tonya, of Fourth Generation Farm Girl, was kind enough to nominate Quiet Owl Farm for the Versatile Blogger Award and the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thank you, Tonya! Fourth Generation Farm Girl follows Tonya’s return home after years in the city–to a farm that’s been in her family for over a century. She writes about farm life, food, gardening, travel and all sorts of fun stuff. Check it out!
These awards are great. They promote community and networking in the blogging world which is huge for a little blog like this. A nominee (for both or either award) automatically receives the award(s) and then must follow these rules:
1. Show the award on your blog.
2. Thank the person who nominated you.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 blogs.
5. Link your nominees’ blogs, and let them know.
1. In elementary school when asked, “what’s your favorite food?”, my answer was, “marinated mushrooms”.
2. I have spent about three years of my life abroad (give or take a few months). I think it’s something that everyone should do once if the opportunity arises. Just trust me on this one. And I firmly believe there are ways to live, work, and travel abroad with limited resources. And I believe it will change your perspective on the world and change your life for the better.
3. I’ve been horse-crazy since about age 9. I used to take the after school bus directly to a ranch where I leased a string of horses and cleaned stalls to mitigate the costs. I 4H-ed and High School Equestrian team-ed. Events included cart driving a crotchety old pony named Brandy and barrel racing on Bucky. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to ride regularly since high school, but horses are most definitely going to be a part of my future. I am really itching to own my first horse all of my own. And as you might have guessed, horses are a topic that will be rearing (pun intended) their heads soon.
4. I am a feta addict.
5. I am an archaeologist in my day job life. Some fun stuff. Mostly boring report stuff right now. Only human-related stuff. No dinosaur bones! Only paleontologists deal with dinosaur bones. But I get that question about once a week.
6. Hobbits. I am one, but I’m also a big Tolkien fan.
7. I love tea as much as I love feta, but in a different way. I drink many cups of tea a day. I usually start with black, move to green and end with herbal. Many many cups. I’m drinking some right now and it is the best.
Nominate Blogs (this is small operation, so I’m cutting this back to 5):
Congratulations on your wonderful blogs, and thanks again, Fourth Generation Farm Girl, for the recognition. It is so much appreciated.